People in the future live in a totalitarian society. A technician named THX 1138 lives a mundane life between work and taking a controlled consumption of drugs that the government uses to make puppets out of people. As THX is without drugs for the first time he has feelings for a woman and they start a secret relationship.
- Year: 1971
- Country: United States of America
- Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Drama
- Studio: American Zoetrope, Warner Bros. Pictures
- Keyword: prison, mind control, future, computer, police, dystopia, drug addiction, hearing, totalitarian regime, phasing, subterranean town, hologram, psychological thriller
- Director: George Lucas
- Cast: Robert Duvall, Donald Pleasence, Don Pedro Colley, Maggie McOmie, Ian Wolfe, Marshall Efron