Rose, a desperate mother takes her adopted daughter, Sharon, to the town of Silent Hill in an attempt to cure her of her ailment. After a violent car crash, Sharon disappears and Rose begins a desperate search to get her back. She descends into the center of the twisted reality of a town's terrible secret. Pursued by grotesquely deformed creatures and townspeople stuck in permanent purgatory, Rose begins to uncover the truth behind the apocalyptic disaster that burned the town 30 years earlier.
- Year: 2006
- Country: Canada, France, Japan, United States of America
- Genre: Horror, Mystery
- Studio: TriStar Pictures, Silent Hill DCP Inc., Davis Films, Konami, Focus Features
- Keyword: hotel, pedophilia, child abuse, monster, suffering, nurse, nun, darkness, sadism, orphanage, classroom, moral ambiguity, child murder, mother role, witch burning, symbolism, supernatural, fog, possession, heroism, gore, barbed wire, surrealism, revenge, survival, religion, school, hospital, another dimension, torture, creature, massacre, pedophile, brutality, demon, religious fundamentalism, child molester, gothic, conscience, molestation, based on video game, missing child, dismemberment, persecution, religious cult, child molestation, ghost town, mist, immolation, sleepwalking, nightmare becomes reality, limbo, bugs, sexual predator, mother daughter relationship, biopunk, skinning, supernatural power, supernatural horror, psychotronic film, extreme violence, child sexual abuse, religious fanaticism
- Director: Christophe Gans
- Cast: Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, Jodelle Ferland, Laurie Holden, Deborah Kara Unger, Kim Coates