The O'Neills lived happily in their house in the Australian countryside. That was until one day fate struck blindly, taking the life of Peter, the father, leaving his grief-stricken wife Dawn alone with their four children. Among them, eight-year-old Simone denies this reality. She is persuaded that her father still lives in the giant fig tree growing near their house and speaks to her through its leaves. But the tree becomes more and more invasive and threatens the house. It must be felled. Of course, Simone won't allow it.
- Year: 2010
- Country: France, Australia, Germany, Italy
- Genre: Drama
- Studio: Les Films du Poisson, Taylor Media, Screen Australia, WDR/Arte, Tatfilm Produktionsges. mbH, Dorje Film, Memento Films International, Screen Queensland, Screen NSW, Coficup 2, Backup Media, Goalpost Pictures, Kojo Pictures, Canal+, ARTE France Cinéma, Le Pacte
- Keyword: beach, tree, todesfall, grief, rural area, storm, single mother, mourning, woman director, glauben
- Director: Julie Bertuccelli
- Cast: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Morgan Davies, Marton Csokas, Christian Byers, Tom Russell, Gabriel Gotting