In Los Angeles, a gang of bank robbers who call themselves The Ex-Presidents commit their crimes while wearing masks of Reagan, Carter, Nixon and Johnson. Believing that the members of the gang could be surfers, the F.B.I. sends young agent Johnny Utah to the beach undercover to mix with the surfers and gather information.
- Year: 1991
- Country: Japan, United States of America
- Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime
- Studio: LARGO Entertainment, JVC
- Keyword: surfing, surfer, surfboard, undercover, self-destruction, self-discovery, parachuting, fbi, wave, extreme sports, parachute, police operation, moral conflict, gang, los angeles, california, bank robbery, woman director
- Director: Kathryn Bigelow
- Cast: Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves, Gary Busey, Lori Petty, John C. McGinley, James Le Gros